Let me keep it simple

Saturday 1 November 2014

Life is a story book: Make Yours A Best Seller




“There's always room for a story that can transport people to another place.” 
J.K. Rowling

I have been thinking, what if there were no stories to tell and people only talked of the essentials in life. Like maybe greetings, next meal and no palaver and anecdotes. Life would be boring. Suicidal cases would skyrocket as those bored would find nothing to cheer then up as they would resort to the noose.

Everyone has a story to tell. There are those born with the gift of the gab while there are those born to listen to such stories. Some stories are inspirational and uplifting and fall under the category of touching stories. For example   Does God still speak to people.


I like reading as a past time. It makes the mind active and gives one new perspective in life. The stories we tell and the reaction we get is something that elates. There are those people who are full of themselves and will utter expletives, others will revere what they have read or heard while a huge majority of people will remain mum and give no response whatsoever.

It is said the best stories come from the heart. If you listen to one, it will have an impact in your life. On several occasions I have had the chance to listen to various stories. There are some people who are very poor in the execution of their ideas. As a listener you are forced to piece up the ideas instead of them having a seamless flow.

Then there are those who are full of themselves and will try to engage in egoist self-praise that is usually boring and melodramatic. These categories of individuals think they are larger than life and as such very important. The last time I checked, there are very many graves lying silent with some of the most acclaimed philosophers, great leaders, athletes and all those who made an impact in life.

I love those who tell stories and make the audience to be part of it. One person who mastered the art of storytelling in the recent past is former Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Steve had the gift of the gab and was insanely good in front of the audience. 

Whenever he took to the stage, Steve Jobs electrified audiences with his incomparable style and showmanship and he would give his audience a transformative experience and make them feel a part of the brand. Apple later became the best brand in the world.


I must also commend Larry Ellison for trying in making Oracle a recognizable brand though I still think he is still bland when it comes to delivery. But with proper rehearsal he can also do wonders since he has stage presence and he makes it look effortless.

Sometimes back I went hiking in the famous Fourteen Falls in Thika. It was a very nice expedition alright. There is a famous tree extension in the site where one can swing and up and down. I bet this is one of the most eye-catching items in the scene other than the site itself as I have seen many snaps where guys have taken pictures while swinging on the extension.

I can never forget that place in my life any soon. Reason being I decided to jump on the rocks in the river with my spectacles on. I still feel the pain of losing my designer spectacles that did cost me an arm and a leg. The spectacles were one of a kind. I was attached to them and when they fell in the river and I could not recover them, my heart sank a bit. One of my friends even termed them as an equivalent of a pc since he had not seen anyone with one and having seen the price tag.

Thank God I still had my medical insurance cover. I was able to get other random spectacles since the amount remaining in the cover could not afford me any cozy frames that I desired.

Either way life has to move on. Every time I look at the snaps we took with my friends and I see myself desperately searching for the glasses in water, I usually have a mixed feeling. I usually never know whether to laugh or just to accept and move on with life.

At the end I enjoyed the occasion very much since there was boat riding in crossing to the other side of the river and getting close to the falls and standing next to the point where the waters formed a fall was an exciting experience.

The falls though is an environmental hazard. There is lots of garbage in the river next to where the falls land and the waters near the falls smell as if it was released from a sewer.

Later that night, I sampled night life in Thika and the amazing thing is that roasted pork is a delicacy that one cannot go without tasting if you do partake of it. 

Life in my opinion is a story book. We have the hilarious stories, stories full of sorrow, stories that uplift when down and also the random stories that life has to offer.

What’s a fact is that everyone has his or her own story. But your story is best told by others. You can never tell all your stories. When you listen to others talk about you, some may exaggerate; some may say it as it is while some may leave out the epicenter or climax of the story. We are never born the same.

Since I started with a quote, allow me to end with one.

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” 
Maya Angelou.

SITUONANE.
Share:

Blog Archive

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...