Let me keep it simple

Sunday 30 April 2017

HOMESTRETCH


They say if wishes were horses, beggars would ride on them. I wish I had finished reading the set book Homestretch by Velma Pollard, a Jamaican poet and fiction writer, while I was in high school. The blurb will work for now. I read a portion of it and given that I was not going to choose it as an option in my final exams, I chose to skive reading it due to pressure to read what is relevant (like now the pressure is piling to be very astute). Regretting it? I still have the opportunity to read it after my exams.


Exams are  fast approaching and I am finding myself less prepared than I was a year ago. The ground has shifted. Work has been the reason. What with working twice. A regular job and a part time job. The regular job resulted in the partime one (I mostly do it at night). When I was on the verge of being axed, I looked for an avenue of getting money once the regular job came to an end. It has taken forever for it to come to an end and that is basically why I have decided to make drastic decisions. Quitting.


I am on the homestretch of two things, the job and the impending exams. I have learnt my lesson the best way and the hard way. Never combine two pressure point if you are a man. You can never win in either. So the best thing to do is to sacrifice one at the alter of another. In my case, I am sacrificing my job now that it has been a hustle more than an addition towards making it. Well, I don’t see the reason for my continuity given that it has equipped me with the desired skills and pressure has been piling.


The exams are causing stomach spiders (Yikes). I am doing tests and evaluating myself and finding it crazy that I am not scoring what I should in terms of the bare minimum. That is why I have to really shorten my posts now.


I am not worried but I still feel that more time should have been added. It’s jinxy in as I mostly desire a favourable outcome..



Hasta La vista Baby.


[Picture Source: Pixabay]
Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...