Let me keep it simple

Saturday 4 March 2017

THE PRACTICAL LIFE ASPECT


If you have never done something, it is usually quite tricky to start forming a habit out of it out of the woods. It is either you don’t know about its existence or you may like to be taught to be able to execute the act. There is a reason why we act in each way, it may be out of happiness, the way we were brought up, the lessons we pick up in life but most of all, it should do with the acclimatization process. Life can be very complicated but easy at times.


Sometimes I wish I could have a side chic, the one I would be able to turn to when the main chic has issues with me. The truth is, some character traits are quite perplexing you wonder where they originated from. I hate to say this but having a bae who has been through bad experiences before is not something rosy or a walk in the park. I know the experience because the comparison is usually with the person who brought strife or made it hard so much so that adjusting or shedding the feeling takes time years after it.


It is at a such time that I feel that I should have taken a break. I wish I could spend more time with those who care about me. However, there comes a time when even those who care about you are not the people who matter until that time when you are surely down. Of late, I have been going through some emotional strife. I am not sure whether it is linked to studies, or some inexplicable crisis. Maybe I should change my strategy.



When you lack words to describe a strong feeling, that’s the point you know you surely need to do something about it. Else it will fade and you will be left in a limbo nursing the pains or having painful rues.


In the course of duty, I met a former campus buddy who did arts draped in red overalls at unlikely location near Lenana road. I hardly thought I would meet him there but as fate would have it, he was now an automotive beautification engineer, which roughly translates to a car wash attendant. Upon seeing me, he noticed I had recognized him and since we did not have a close relationship, I let him do his thing as I went on with my colleague in engaging in what I am supposed to do but which I hate to love, hawking bank products by going on cold calling missions when I don't have clients. 


Then I remembered about the guy, we used to go to rave together as a fresher back in campus. He used to have this flair for being that it guy when we were out for raves. I admired him sometimes, only that there are those buggers who you may try as much as possible to socialize with but there is that ka thing keeps you a safe distance apart. What I like is that he is gainfully employed. Maybe more happy and loving what he does than I am. Well in the eyes of the society he looks like a failure who stooped so low but in reality, he is contributing to the nations cake through his small contribution as a beautification engineer.


Rumour had it that there was a time he was once apprehended for being in bulk supply of weed within the hostels which he supplied to all  those who partook of it with abandon. Luckily, he was released after a few days and I being not the nark type decided not to probe further to verify the truth of the allegation.


I remember telling my colleague that it is those guys who struggle in life that easily make it to become rich blokes and lasses we admire. They made all the silly decisions faster and became adept at what they do so much so that they never want to go back to the chains of penury. We were in a serene neighborhood. The one which has guzzlers and sleek machines and the air is free of dust and also green. My colleague was applying for a new job where we also found other colleagues doing the same. I hate to say this but I would not like to engage in another sales job in the near future especially if it pertains to hitting the road on a clueless mission. That is probably the reason why I never applied for the job given that it was also a single post that I had qualified for out of more than 24 others which were mostly semi-skilled roles that require hands on skills.


Plus, my time is almost up in the bank. When I look at the far that I have  come, the pitfalls, the ups and the other aspects of life, I feel like calling it a day. The truth is that I wanted an experience, I wanted to be engaged in something constructive, I wanted to meet new people and most of all, I need to be called an employed fellow. On the contrary, I have been a bloke who is perpetually broke I wonder what brought this cup unto me. Yet I have come from far and thank the Almighty that he never let me down in the fight. I think the race continues. It's even bound to be more challenging ahead. 


I am not sure what is in store for me in the nigh life. Whether it will relegate me to humbleness or obscurity or it will be a bliss, provided that I have my hands to pen down those moments that matter most, I will not regret about it. After all, every dog has its day. That big break that is elusive will one day boomerang with blossom into a perpetual day in day out reality. And on that note in Arnold Schwarzenegger's fave quote I end it with. 


Hasta  La Vista Baby.


[Picture Source: Google Images]
Share:

RECENT POST

Undressing youself, The echo effect

Once in a while, it's essential to break away, have a debut in the unmined, and see a poignant reflection on the losses brought about by...