Let me keep it simple

Sunday 9 October 2016

REAL BLOGGERS.


I love reading blog posts more than I love reading books. Given that I use a moniker to run this blog, I know that I am quite bland in anecdotal symphony. I know it and that is why I use a pen name. At least, no one will castigate me for my lackluster performance. I can silhouette the bluff incandescently while not having to juxtapose the immediate contents of my banal experiences ludicrously (sic).


I love those who do not use a pseudonym when it comes to blogging. For example, let’s assume a guy called Patrick is blogging. Obviously, if he is gutsy enough, he will ensure he acquires a domain name by the name Patrick. Assuming it is even possible to get such a domain name given that there was a guy two decades ago who eloped with it even before a bugger like me ever knew that blogging exists.


As a matter of fact, because Patrick loves all the brouhaha that comes with blogging, whether he does photography, writing or some other hoity toity stuff on the net, he will decide to also have a Facebook page. The page will be non performing because Zucks will not give you fame for free on a platform he started in a dormitory. So Patrick will use his Facebook account instead. If he is the steadfast guy, after sometime, he will reap what he did sow. Guys will start 'liking' his posts and this can be a boon if exploited with zeal.


Ideally, Facebook charges for creating a page. In order to reach many people, just like any advertisement platform, you need to pay. As your numbers grow, so does the amount of money you need to pay. You also need a set of skills which will come in handy in the sense that they add value a lot. Like a little bit of Graphic design won't hurt. As a blogger, you need to invest. Twitter is not also free, to advertise, you need to pay them. So, you gain by having more readers visiting your blog by paying to showcase your products on the online networking sites.


The best thing about Facebook is that once you start being a perennial user of posting your works in it, you will get the results even though it will be only organic reach. As time progresses, it will be easy to get more people to like your posts because that is what Facebook is all about. However, links never work that much. The bottom line is that in order to get an audience, you will need more than just being good at what you do. You need money. If you do not have it. Like any other guy, no one will ever notice you.


I love the stories of bloggers who tell it as it is. The fact that I can see their picture makes them more relatable. A picture is worth a thousand words. It’s even dear to the heart. On the contrary, for a bugger like me, I have tried to keep the whole thing in the dark. It’s like going to the back streets and looking for contraband or being a sex worker. Though you think that you are never seen, there is that guy who will see you doing your stuff but he will never tell you about it. The same way someone knows about the writings of this blog but never talks about it. You let it pass just like that because its nature to do so.


Sometimes I wish I had the guts to put my blog on my Facebook page. Will it even add anything? Maybe it can. Then one day those sniffer dogs hired by Zucks will realize that I am reaping from it. They will then muzzle my reach and there will be nothing I can do. It’s a capitalistic world though. It’s the reason why I also abhor the duo who run blogger. In fact, it is no longer lucrative to be a blogger without bucks. It will force you to go offline if you want to make it. Online advertising can be expensive but it is worth it in the long run.


Since this blog aims at anonymity, there is no pressure to consider paid up advertising. Which boils down to cutting your coat according to your size. It is kind of lonely yes but the satisfaction is liberating though sometimes ennervatig. On the contrary, being like Daft Punk is quite unrewarding. You achieve success much later as opposed to it being sooner. As a result, you get no offers for free drinks, a movie opening and other stuff that real consistent bloggers who advertise get. The bottom line is that if you put people in the dark, they cannot give freebies you way. Preserving a level of pseudonymity is in line with being in control and trusting that my intuition is right even if it is checkered. It also gives fulfillment in creating a personality which I could not once my nee brought me to this planet. 


I love it this way because no single employer has ever found this out to derail my plans and cut me off. You can get dirty. Obviously if they knew certain traits in my character they would have let me off even before I knew it. I can also be honest sometimes as I go about my duties. Never mind that I consider my 8 to 5 job one full of a lot of idling. You may ask why? From the perspective of someone who has ever worked for a Chinese, there is nothing like gibbering while at work. You are only allowed to be productive. After all, giving out free money is not what anyone wants.


This cocoon offers so much comfort. At the end of the day, when I am feeling like I have not achieved, I can bring the hullabaloo here. What I don't know is whether I am using my authentic voice. I have a couple of times thought that I am imitating someone. And I do not want anyone to find out that I  am a copy cat. I only do this because I want it to remain an avenue to self affliction and affirmation. It's also self effacing since one day I will take a leap of faith and go the extra mile of showcasing my other personality. I obviously have boundaries in my scripting if you may ask. I would have loved telling some lewd stories but my conscience cannot allow me. If someone else narrates those salacious anecdotes, I occasionally  entertain them because they excite me. But from me!


Anonymous blogging is a disease. One day, the chips will get down. A friend once told be that a little changes in life. Every time I hit the publish button, I usually get excited. Especially when I see some few numbers. Then things return to the pattern prototype. What is for sure is that this blog perfectly mirrors to an extent my assumptions about life. The messy stuff and complicated things that make life interesting. My vulnerability is also revealed and their is this feeling of illusion that everything in life is fine when in actually fact I am still at a limbo. I hope I will turn around and help inspire others once I am through with this rippling effects.


This may hinder my freelance writing career but I am content in the meantime. I think I should endeavor to write about les jeux sont faits. 


Hasta La Vista Baby


[Picture Source: Google Images]
Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...