Let me keep it simple

Friday 26 January 2024

The Early Bird

If you're a keyboard warrior, 800 words in 30 minutes is your jam. But for most folks, variations exist. And it can be a bit more of a stretch. Let's just say coffee is involved.

The proverb "the early bird catches the worm" holds. Sleep in? Miss out! Rising early unlocks a world of achievement. The way trusty Google Calendar can boost your morning mojo, rule the roost, crush to-do lists, empower you to conquer your day like a champ, and have a productive day. It's an unsung virtual assistant, right? You know what's on your plate.

Over the last few weeks, I've attempted to adhere to the deadlines I've established for myself, yet it appears that I merely glance at them and utter, "I'll take action tomorrow." As the saying goes, procrastination can turn "soon" into "never."

Well, it's not without a doubt that I have this peculiar routine where I stare, scoff, and then resort to the idea that "tomorrow" sounds lovely.

How is that the case? I tend to believe I am a brilliant planner, while in actuality I am a master procrastinator with a PhD in YouTube tutorials. I have this tendency to think that if I watch, I will execute. That is a fallacy. "Knowledge gained is power harnessed only when put into practice."

My planning skills are Olympic-worthy. Only then do I watch videos, and they assure me that the deed will be fulfilled. But when it comes to execution, that is where the smooth roads turn into gravel-filled rollercoasters.

As an individual, I consistently ensure that my calendar serves as a reminder of my tasks. However, its alerts often go unnoticed, and it's not as if I'm compensated to strictly adhere to them. Occasionally, I make an effort, but more often than not, the tasks feel like "view once" WhatsApp messages. I glance at them, and once they vanish from my notification bar, I swiftly move on. Like a boss.

Utilizing time effectively often goes underappreciated. Dave Crenshaw's captivating YouTube series on time management is worth every bit. I stumbled upon it on LinkedIn and knew it was valuable. He unpacks not just time itself but the whole time-verse, offering powerful insights you won't find elsewhere. It's also engaging.

At the moment, time management is my current productivity quest, not my durante vita and this course seemed tailor-made for it.

Do you know what? Those time management tutorials beckon like sirens, yet I haven't found the time to dive back in. I only watched them once. Maybe it's the same for everyone—they seem as essential as college, but life keeps getting in the way. As a result, it appears the videos will just gather dust in the vast wasteland of YouTube's Google Cloud Storage.

Up to this point, I have been lax in optimizing my time usage, and the lethargy has reached a significant level. I believe I can improve. In life, reinforcement plays a crucial role; you acquire knowledge, but the tendency to forget remains notably high.

I guess it's time to ditch the "watch later" attitude and dive in!

What does an early bird do? They greet the dawn with open arms, not a groan. They seize the day while the rest of the world still sleeps, forging ahead with focused energy and quiet satisfaction.

When I was in school, I could always wake up and stick to my school routine. Maybe it's because if you did not wake up, the cane would follow suit.

Not anymore. The challenge now is rediscovering that inner spark and reclaiming the magic of those productive mornings. However, the effortless energy is no more.

The problem comes at wake-up time. Naturally, after sleeping for 5 hours, I am usually awake. But tearing myself from the cozy embrace of sleep is a daily battle. I usually give myself another chance. Reluctantly, I sleep again.

And that is the folly I have. In the current world, many prioritize activities with tangible financial returns, leaving pursuits without immediate monetary value. They are often overlooked or undervalued. The temporary discount bias is there.

Back in the day, when the money factor was not an issue, we would help out with so much ease. That ceased. Instead, we are hell-bent on what we shall do to make our lives better.

You have your regular job and also have a side hustle. The regular job is what pays the bills. The side hustle is what you do to improve your life beyond the ordinary. Otherwise, you'd be stuck somewhere you wouldn't be caught dead in or facing a commute you hate.

The early bird knows where to go to pick the worm. It is prudent to have an understanding of what makes you tick. Stick to that time. You may not be an early bird, but it can help. In so many ways.

Hasta La Vista Baby.
Share:

RECENT POST

Indisposed

About this season, there inevitably comes a point when you find yourself feeling under the weather, often without any prior planning or anti...