Let me keep it simple

Tuesday 29 November 2016

DEEP END


Sweet memories are usually momentary and wane faster than you think they would last. I heard a very sweet message. Everyone has a somewhere where they go in every stage in life. The unlucky ones succumb because life is what Charles Darwin told us about, ‘struggling to survive and survival of the fittest’. Albeit, we all want to go to a place (we usually dream of ritzy sanctuaries until that time when it becomes idealistic). When you finish nursery, primary or high school, there are those who never proceed to the next stage. At the end of the day they have to go somewhere. It takes courage and action to swiftly adjust and start the process of accepting destiny. Luckily, such chaps probably fiddled with the conundrum that menaced and are comfortable.


The process of adjusting in life is quite simple and complicated at the same time. Obviously, for some it can be so complicated that they give up altogether. They take so much time struggling to move to the next stage but they never do that.


I have been struggling with my work for a considerable amount of time. It has reached that point where finances have also become an issue. Not that I am not being paid enough for my sustenance, but the reality is that sticking to a rote has become a challenge. Even my gremlins know about this.


Now I am in a den that even though I would love to share it, I retreat and hide. For a start, I am in financial distress. Nothing bores me like being in such a situation. Looking back, this is a deja vu. However, it is different. It is complicated because all the avenues of seeking finances have all been depleted. Yet I had told myself that I would not find myself in this situation again. Damn! This is not only demeaning but also frustrating and mentally blurring. You cannot think straight. And when you do, there is that tempestuous misogyny that keeps you away from them because it’s kind of absurd to be lacking the building blocks of what’s in a man.


Business has been slow on my side. I find it quite piquing to be reporting to work daily only to realize nil returns. Well is that not tantamount to wishy-washy and floppy. Let me explain something. Working with empty pockets is quite enervating. Simply put, you sometimes think about the frustrations you are going through at the altar of performing your chores with passion and determination.


 to be continued


Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...