Let me keep it simple

Thursday 3 November 2016

TIMED ARITHMETIC


Monday blues happened to me in full swing. Soon after, I met her. She was bold and with a friend. I looked deranged and weary. Like the world had taken a toll on me. Inward, I felt some excessive energy. I needed a punching bag. To vent the hopelessness out with vengeance. I remember telling it to a colleague. He advised that I should vent my anger on the walls. Because we do not have punching bags in our office. 


I met her with a friend. She was looking different. Only that I did not want to tell her so. There is something credulous about some states. They are written all over the visage and even if you try to deny the reality. It is usually show-me as the guilt can be ostentatious. Believe you me, Monday blues can be so stressful, especially if you are paper chasing and results seem negligible.


A friend has consistently been telling me to keep on keeping on and keeping on keeping on will keep me keeping on. He used to be called the deputy principal in the office which has been closed because our bosses feel like we need to change tact and reduce on superfluity because of the rapid changes in the economic scene where things just have to change. And like my good friend intimates, I keep on keeping on because that phrase was from Bob Marley to Peter Tosh. On the contrary, I doubt the legitimacy of the keeping on thing because I have thoroughly gone through Google and I have not found anything of that sort.


Another of my fervent colleagues has also been ceaselessly telling me to look for another job because things are looking oblique. I have refused to badge to his insinuations because I am not ready to start things afresh. Not when I just found a more relaxing job which also offers me that which I need in terms of experience. Jeez! Pardon my use of this interjection. Guess the reason why I will not be moving sooner is because of the ties that bind when you think of it in the first place.


Already those ties are crumbling. Changes have swiftly taken place and it is now up to me to start thinking big and look at the bigger picture of making something out of this which is keeping me static given that I should be mobile


Sometimes the going gets too though you only console yourself that life must move on. You want to be happy things just seem gloomy. And the heat that is usually used in idioms becomes real. 


Since I have to prove myself in this arena no matter what, I will strive to remain steadfast and powerful. 


And on that note I have myself lost of words.


Hasta la vista baby.

[Picture source: Google Images]


Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...