Let me keep it simple

Tuesday 3 October 2017

STARTING AGAIN

Starting Again

We all spire to achieve self-actualization. A utopic world where things work for us effortlessly as opposed to us working through thick and thin to make ends meet to survive. Indeed, in that stage, all you need is to continue relishing the near flawless life people think you have hoping that you never destroy the robust reputation you have created hitherto. And that means influence and power. They come naturally and at that stage in life, you become a sage. Not just that, but also one of repute and admiration. That is what the few of us who know about such a state aspire to be in even though it may be boring. Because of the constant scrutiny that people have over your life.



Parents. They all have an aspiration to see their children doing well in life. Even deviant and runaway ones at some point feel the heat and sometimes find a way to be part of their kids’ life no matter how remote that association may be.



That said, there is a generation of parents who are really having it rough. Especially the proletariat ones who thought that taking their children to university was a breather once they finished school. Guess they overlooked the phrase that “quality matters”, when they were taking their progeny to campus. After finishing campus, they must now contend to seeing their graduates sons and daughters wallowing around jobless instead of taking a glimpse at a picture hanged on the wall, smiling exuberantly. That’s how folks from where I come from believe they should be seeing their educated and learned daughters and sons other than the possibility of being called every now and then when they are far.


It's like life has made them to start afresh. Albeit, finishing university would mean a good job, and hope for abundance. Hope that they will take care of their parents and outdo them once they come of age. But that is now a fallacy. Parents are still the ones who take care of their children years after completing university. There is a certain notion that they are people with the money because of their age. They give us pocket money, clothe us, and house us not forgetting that they feed us. Plus, a whole other bunch of stuff that only them parents know about. It’s worse when another parent thinks a proletariat parent has connections and the strings to aid his child secure a job when in reality he wishes he would nail his son or daughter a job. Skewed perception huh!


But for a bloke or lass whose folks never made it to be proletariats or one who is independent, it means fighting by crook and cranny for or to be what he wants in life. This is the individual who never fears anything in life. He takes what comes his way and moves on by horning the skills learnt into an incoming generating project. The degree of satisfaction varies among these individuals but one thing that remains is that they keep the spirit burning. The zetetic ones forget about employment and hustle hard in their own business. For the unlucky ones who think that crime is the ‘it thing’, hessy wa Kayole or Dandora or Githurai will use his metal, a small, discreet and deadly ammunition as perfect mechanism for dispatching these outlaws for good. Later, unethical bloggers will post the gory pictures of lads barely past their mid-twenties having bit the bullet on their blogs. Those reddened holes oozing with dark congealing blood in a lifeless body. Is this abetting or reducing crime? Sad that the trigger happy hessy feels that a gun is part of himself as opposed to seeing it as a tool of death.


Hard questions that I am not sure I can answer because I am not an activist. As an addition, kids of some nimble proletariats have made it in life and that only means that at times, parents can play a vital role in making their sons become individuals of societal admiration if they do things well.


Away from parents and feeling sorry for those who would wish to have jobs but end up sleeping most of the day because they have nothing to do, there is an elephant that I am currently dealing with. It has refused to get out of my house. It has stuck on me like a black stein on a white shirt. Until I finish taking care of it, my mind will be unsettled. So am starting it again after I had my chips. A situation which I had to chance my arm at even though I was not well prepared for the battle.


I am upbeat this time round that I will ace the test given that I am planning to do things the hard way as opposed to the more lackadaisical approach that I took in my intent to be a victor. Starting again what you have done before can be tricky. You feel like you know it but given that you never made it, you must have the conscience of a novice.


Thinking of redoing my CFA Level II exams was not easy. I had thought of giving up till some time in future. Now I am buoyed and confident that I will not let this chance go to the dogs. I want to make the best out of it. And that means starting early so that I am not caught up with the frustrations of the last-minute man. What I am sure about is that this will be a painstaking battle which am preparing for with the zeal of a warrior on oath.


I want to forget that I was having a hard time before. I want to remain focused on the goal. I am sure I will make it and it is not something that I am in doubt about. I will give it the best shot and aim like my whole life depends on it even though it does not. Even when hope seems to be fading, I will make sure I am committed to the course and be diligent. Lastly, I will increase the man hours and work on my speed and accuracy.


That to me is what I have learnt while being an online worker in what I do. That speed and accuracy counts a lot in whatever one does. And once you have aced the two, my friend.


Hasta La Vista Baby


[Picture Source: Google Images]
Share:

RECENT POST

Undressing youself, The echo effect

Once in a while, it's essential to break away, have a debut in the unmined, and see a poignant reflection on the losses brought about by...