Let me keep it simple

Friday 3 June 2016

IT'S A WRAP


So what next? That's the question that lingers. Guess it's now time to go back  to the drawing board. Look at life in a new perspective and adopt a long term strategy. This short term strategy I adopted is over. I now need to look at other viable options that can aid in reducing this otiosity that may arise owing to the fact that it may probably arise.


However, there is no denial that my bucket is full. I have so much stuff to immerse myself into and that includes, but not limited to; blogging, reading, online studies, looking for work online, completing my course in Microsoft Excel, Python programming and a miscellany of stuff that will arise as a result of being a free being. I want to sometime be able to come up with various programs that I can be able to tweak easily that can be able to model an equity by incorporating both fundamental and technical analysis within it to determine whether a stock is a sell or a buy.


That is a long term strategy that I am aiming at addressing given that am lethargic when it comes to applying for jobs. The only setback is that I have to find some cash to be able to market this service that I will be offering. Like the betting model I am working on, it’s easier to lose hope and get frustrated when things are not working out. The other problem comes in with regard to the audience. Programming is far a technical thing that needs to be simplified likewise equity valuation. I know there are few individuals who even know about equity multiples, financial reporting analysis so as to be able to decide whether or not to buy stocks.


The other problem is that this venture is a one-man affair. One man affairs don't work out every time. Sometime they become a success. All the friends I know of want to be employed in order to get that cash for survival. I, on the other hand am left to think for the alternative because I have been applying for jobs to no avail. I am imagining the requirements and sometimes get frustrated because the bar is just too high. 


The going has been rewarding though it makes me feel frustrated. Perusing is not as easy as it may look. Sometimes back I went to represent my younger brother during a parents meeting and what surprised me was when one of the teachers acknowledged that students do not love reading. She did not love reading as she confessed about that. That did remind me of my time while in high school, if you never burnt the midnight oil or break your neck to thoroughly peruse, chances are, you would probably be tailing if you were not sharp in grasping concepts while the classroom.


Now that I will be taking a sabbatical with regard to school work, I am sure I will slowly crack some of this codes and get a relief. What is for sure is that I have prepared for the marathon to my able best. It was like a union you never can go without. Until I complete the marathon, I will not be able to attest to anything. Given that I have been struggling but not so much, I am hopeful things will not go awry. In the event they try to, I will have to restrategize by looking at plausible scenarios to move on ahead smoothly.. 


Looking back, I have realized the power of dedication. It clearly demarcates those who are loyal by removing the chaff from the grain. Sometimes the rewards come in the sense that you have gone through a process and can be able to attest to the fact that it is satisfying just having the guts to go through it.


I have occasionally thought of killing this blog while studying as it got into my thoughts. What am I even gaining by having it. Does it even help owning a blog? Sometimes yes. There are those moments that can only be captured well by venting out the frustrations on a personal platform like a blog. Whether someone will read it or not, what remains is that you have learnt a lesson that you have documented. Sometime later on when you feel like going through what you did pen, you realize that you have gone through  a lot. Like it's easy thinking of starting it, but remaining steadfast up to the end is the most challenging aspect. 



There are times during the course of this project I undertook in terms of doing a professional course I felt like giving up. But I never wanted to disappoint myself, nor those who knew that I was going through this tortuous exercise. All in all, I have to wrap it up. Something is piercing me now and I have to call it a day. I have a mountain to climb and it surely will be momentous when I am done with it. 


P/S: Tomorrow, I will be sitting for my first professional exams. After revision and all that, I must say I am armed but shit can sometimes happen. So, let me be hopeful that all will be well even though am anxious and just want tomorrow to end as fast as possible. Until then. Hope I will write about the tension and setting after the process.


Hasta La Vista Baby. 


[Picture Source: ]
Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...