Let me keep it simple

Tuesday 10 February 2015

I WANT TO TAKE YOU ON A JOURNEY


Most people like brevity. I have done some research on the same and realized that man loves short articles. I penned this piece since I realized that no one would like to spend more than 5 minutes reading a story that does not make sense. This will take you at most three.

Have you ever thought about the power that Tuesday injects in you as a person each morning? Have you ever realized that Monday is a doomed day and it goes without saying that it is the most hated day the world over? I would have talked about the other days but I would like to single out two important days of the week. I know ladies revere Wednesday- nothing to talk about there, and Thursday and Saturday, perhaps I ought naught to write anything.

Sunday, most Christians check into the church and other places of worship to go and catch up with Sir God and probably repent their sins as some boring pastor preaches while they are asleep or thinking about licentious adventures (read: hanyaring game). I usually listen to Easy like Sunday morning by Lionel Ritchie as I lazy around waiting for a church minister to “Holien” my day.

Church is perhaps the best place that you can find an avenue of showcasing the latest contraption, fashion or gadget you bought and brag about your children and we get married in church, Right. Don’t guys carry IPads and Tablets to church and use the same as a source of the Holy Scripture? Yet again, some use the pads to watch blue movies, send hate messages on Twitter and Facebook and engage in catching up (a nicer word for gossiping among ladies).

Oh dear (forgive me for this), I don’t really know other sins that have been committed using smartphones and tablets. Still the bible is the best selling book since time immemorial (the hard copy). I have one for convenience purposes (the one I was bought in high school and I LOCKED it in my metal box from day one and it was still new upon completion of high school) .

I love church but I am that guy who attends the Divan ministries where you switch on the telly on Sunday, slouch lavishly and with the remote at hand, check for the pastor who preaches what you want to hear and does not pierce your mien into submitting into joining his ministry.

Once in a while when am touched and feel philanthropic and charitable, I usually send some Sh.310 via M-pesaaa. Obviously I would like to attend Kanyari’s church some day because the guy has turned Christianity into a big time business venture full of hoax, delusion, deception, jealousy and selfishness (remember when he told that dude he was coaching that Rose Muhando had not paid for the promotion).

While Kanyari only wanted Sh.310, the churches I have attended ain't considerate either because they demand more only that overseers of such churches are university graduates and use orthodox means (buying new TV, and other petty things). They wish they could be as creative, ingenuous and courageous like Kanyari (mad respect for this charlatan who turned Church into a flourishing business). I am not anti-church though, just agnostic, I am anti using the church as a means towards personal enrichment on the pretext of helping the poor when you know you aint helping them. Sawa.

Church aside, everyone just loves Friday. Have you ever thought of the effect Friday has in your life? Whoever coined the phrase Thank God Its Friday (TGIF), (SMH)? Damn, he or she had in mind buggers like me for reasons that are usually obvious. Larry Madowo knows best. His show trends like it is some hot spiced marinated chicken breasts served together with some Chinese rice you pay dearly for in a pricey bistro. And some ladies like chicken breasts. I will find out why? Just like I found out that ladies who wear screaming red lipstick are full of themselves, aim at attracting the attention of men and they are not corporate ladies and blah blah blah.

This is the month of love. Ladies love chocolates, flowers, red wine and everything red and an out in a good joint to fete St. Valentine who came up with Lovers day which apparently falls on a Saturday this year. Ladies love romantic books too, I realized.

I am marking my 100th write-up just like my former Alma Mater marked 90 years since its inception. The journey has been well rewarding but again it has been challenging.

If you have time, read other pieces too, and imagine you are drinking a cold soft drink say Fanta on a hot day as it massages your throat and leaves you well satiated to the brisk.

PS: I like writing long articles. This is limited to 800 words.
Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...