Let me keep it simple

Saturday 8 August 2015

DILEMMA


I actually have no idea what to scribe about. My mind has been on a vacation for the last couple of days thinking and deliberating. I got my first slightly improved salary this week. And when it came, the shocking thing was that it was a deficit of what I had expected. Haisulu! Adan said and I keep repeating this sentence every other time that, "Hii pesa si ya mamako." 


Yours truly also started school again. Strathmore University it is. One day, I will write about Strathmore. When I have explored the institution and turned it upside down in a way that is parochial and less academic. I had always harboured a dream of schooling in this institution even though I was not fully aware of what reason curtailed my ambition. Now that I am there, Yes its worth it to be in Strathmore.


The church. How can I muster the courage to go to church. Each and every time, I have been postponing the maiden step, this year of going to church. You see, going to church in a way helps in reconnecting with the Almighty. It is a place revered and you also get a chance to be solemn and reflect about life. If possible, you give that ten percent and wait to see if you are going to actually reap from giving it because some of the rich people say they never did mind giving it out and planning for it and that is the reason why they continue minting more money.

I also tried reconnecting with the female folk. There is this chic I have been calling and we have been spending almost an hour on the phone, never mind that I have been taking her for granted while she also does not give a dam about me. She is the sly type. Calculating her moves and never letting the cat out of the bag. I will call her soon, just to hear the voice of a lady because I need to speak to someone.

Work, the bosses being a family and running the company  as a couple collided and now the woman of the house is bedridden (self imposed). She is actually reeling from the after effects of being the punching bag when the company is not making sales. We usually console ourselves that time will come when we shall be making sales that are rivaling Safaricom or Apple (Remember Lu pita's 'Your dreams are valid').  Our dreams are surely valid. Rome was not build in one day.

My reading has also gone to the dogs. The blogs, especially gossip ones like Mpasho, Ghafla, and creative writing blogs have been kind of buried under the wraps in the meantime. Sadly, our office which heavily relies on internet was forced to hibernate and engage in offline activities because the servive provider which happens to be Orange was quite shaky and pathetic. Which reminds me that we are working in an industrial area that is far from civility because Zuku has not penetrated this sides.

Talking of Zuku, I understand the love hate relationship we have had. Zuku has really helped me in various facets. The fast internet has relieved me from the exorbitant prices charged by Safaricom which I must appreciate also because if it were not for it, I would not have been having those amounts that have kept me calling the said chic. I hate playing chics though. (Pssst. Nilidhani nikipata pesa ntachezea madem, wapi. Kama haiko kwa damu haiko.)

If it were not for the message that pops on my phone reminding me to use the credit I am availed, chances are I would not have been calling this chic. The problem is that I usually think I am wasting my time or she is not just what we we say in swahili "mgumu." My loose vibes are not going anywhere and the way I hate looking for ladies. It sickens me so bad that I just relent altogether. Lets just say that I love a quick fix. When my heart says no, I never pester it further. I just let it pass hoping that I will find another chic in the event the current one acts a like a rock.

Schooling is something I have never liked much these days. Guess I am aging. As a person, I want things that will let me dig deeper and be on a quest and get it on my own. Dr. Google will aid together with YouTube. Being in class and not being able to answer fundamental and basic questions made me feel like a student who is clueless. I did put myself in my students shoes and felt the pinch.

Moving forward, things may not be looking up. But where there is  a will there is a way.  


Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...