Let me keep it simple

Thursday 5 March 2015

MOTIVATION, CREATIVITY AND WRITING


There is no one person on earth who qualifies to being idle. Perhaps you can say dolce far niente. The only idle things are statues and dummies that are stagnant until moved to a place of respite. It is only opportunities that are rare or is it scarce and therefore hard to come by. I have inkling that there is something that is not right or there is a prepotency that has not been accurately redefined to give some form of acceptance of that which has become elusive.

We are living in a world of fantasy. Fantasizing about what we aspire and never taking the bull by its horns like a matador to get what we are in need of. We are devoid of action and like being risk averse by reclining back to our cocoons of contentment. We want things on a silver platter and forget that there is a leeway in asking and starting towards getting there bit by tad.


Eating is a perfect example of how we should approach what we want. When one is hungry, he or she looks for a place to find food. Likewise when thirsty, you quench your thirst by drinking water (some bottled half litre bottles are charged as much as sh.600). Water is life because 70% of the earth and our bodies are water if geographers and biologists are to be relied on. 

Many a times, it is easy to brush things aside without taking any action whatsoever. I have been having a dream of introducing or is it marketing my blog to a newer crop of readers but I have found it very tasking and tasking. I am not a good marketer after all. Yet I know the components and principles of a good marketer. Say wasting education and letting it go to the dogs. Hope my mentor will help out, that is, if I ever make it to say Hi (Guess I am too busy).


I have no expert experience in doing it what I love. Albeit I desire to build a formidable network that I can rely on. It is sometimes good to make confessions. I am like Tarzan in the jungle. I look up to no one but the animals who are my company. I aptly have no idea of what my brand should be about (kind of vague). As such I am on a sabbatical leave to rediscover my prospects in life which should be studious and less preemptive. 

That brings me to what I should be really worried about. Motivation. There is power in motivation. There is energy and pep, and the fact that you can do anything if motivated is a plus. Motivation changes everything and plays a crucial role in giving one some form of nirvana. I know that burnout is a very crucial aspect in life. Writer burn out if not checked can be very piercing resulting in a tinge of resignation and exhaustion. Bet even the most prolific writers go through these phases in life. Ahoy, I am not alone.

Not caring as deeply as you did just moments ago can be a profoundly disconcerting experience. It ideally affects creativity and will power to surge on to the next level by transcending the previous one.

However, this is not a slog. My mental resources are not yet exhausted. I would have wished to be in a quilt and slumber my tribulations of having not yet got there but I cannot. My eyes are crimson out of the many hours spent behind a box that looks like it will become my home when I no longer have the motivation that could exonerate me from connecting the dots that have kept me far away yet am very near. It is like getting immersed in artistry at the end of a grueling day- you keep on losing and losing.

Every other time I take a matatu, I usually wish I would sit reclusively devoid of discompose from another passenger and mull over whatever comes my way. Then I can retrospectively reflect on the things observed and those that matter most to me.

Sometimes when I write, the flowery words usually come naturally without any ado resulting in seamless segues. Such times, ideas flow like they never have before and I get to like what I read even though I know of people who can never reread their script after scribing the content in their brains on black and white.

When I usually feel disillusioned, I know of where to commiserate. It is never easy at times to let out the frustrations but you have to let them out. Writing is one of the most intelligent ways to let the rage or irk fade away. Even if none will lay eyes on the piece of creativity, you sure are able to let out that which disturbs the mind.

When my brain and soul shuts down, my hands are like, “To hell with writing, nobody even cares about what I gibber about anyway. It’s too much work. Dude get a life.” But there is that feeling that rings at the back of my mind assuaging me never to give up hope but to get it write. Rome was not built in one day and that patience pays.

Sometimes I wish I could brew new stories. I take that coveted timeout to reflect more. To find out what I need to do different. I immerse myself in the comfort of books. I have left so many halfway due to my greed. I trust that time will heal the urge of my lethargy that keeps on shifting intermittently. Trying hard copies, I realized works magic. Even writing on a piece of paper is more magical and sensational. It’s more natural and fulfilling. Just like sipping a cold bottle of tusker malt on a hot Saturday afternoon watching some the exciting BPL.

Reading soft copies is tactically hard and laborious. You must keep peace at one point which is never easy. Your eyes get dehydrated of tears and you occasionally suffer from bouts of seizures related to being an onscreen nerd onsite a give point for long. The corollary of this is extrinsic motivation where a person acts upon beliefs that are not held by that person.

Writing to achieve a competitive advantage is everyone’s desire. It is soothing and helpful. Even amateurs like yours truly are usually wishing to make it big some day in life. Get an audience and build on them as they built a brand that is unrelenting. But again, the only probity I can offer is the lack of assertion on my part.

The toughest part is rejection burn out. No one seems to notice the time you take to come up with good content or lack of thereof. Even those you thought would appreciate your writing never do so. They are passersby on a journey seldom making sojourns. No one is a Good Samaritan (Read fan). Like the Levite, they never want to besmirch their status by associating with a low life. They are on the move, forgetting that the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Getting there is not easy, some arrive at the verge of their senility and resurrect their energy more strong that they make juggernauts that are have a formidable force to reckon with.

I am stilling working out on a cascade of inspiration to make it to be the best of who I aspire to be. Write well and creatively even if the motivation is that I will continue being the sole reader of my content and perhaps find a way of marketing my blog much better in a way that is gradual and geometrically with time. When I embark on writing my novel, I will do it with the steadfastness of a victor having knowledge that the going is never easy.

While I idle in this sea of the unknown, my premise is to therapeutically disengage when it is right and to find solace to get to the next level by making effort each day. I want to make writing my sprezzatura. It means effortless grace, all easy, doing something cool without apparent effort.

SITUONANE.

[Photo source: Openphoto]
Share:

RECENT POST

Let's Try Again

You are enveloped in the comfort of your bed; the ebbs and flows of a neon-pink vision dance in the darkness behind your closed eyes. How th...