Let me keep it simple

Friday 24 April 2015

RED FLAG ALERT



I think that sometimes you need to be kind of a rebel because if you cannot, you may be mistaken for some form of a conformist who cannot make incisive decisions which may require a dissident because life is not all determined and wired to be approached in a given way.

Today I was scheduled to attend an interview in one of the many firms or say industries that are found in Industrial area. The message came at a time I was feeling confident because I was reading stuff that required me to be assertive of my place in life. Books can give you fake illusory courage though, until reality beckons you are still in a quandary quagmire (who knows the meaning of the two).

When you delegate the role of job hunting to someone, you have to accept anything that comes your way. Not me though, there are some places if you are sent to try out as an intern, you may never make it to the finish line (like working in a cyber café- seriously). You can give up hope because it may be frustrating and only compounding to your many tribulations in life.

Either way, I was taken aback when my oldman called me f
rom the shags. He had been trying to reach me for some time and it seemed I was ‘mteja’ from his side. At last, we got to talk. He wanted to write his CV, yet he never had a computer and he was hence delegating the service to yours truly. Mind you, with no pay. For someone who had worked in public service for close to 40 years, he had even forgotten to use a computer. I also think he was experiencing some cash crunch having gotten used to receiving something at the end of the month. Again who retires in this time and age?

Some guys had found him worthy of a role and being a retiree, they never wanted to let all the experience go down the drain because it looked like he was wasting away all the manpower yet he could be paid some good bucks if he provided the services to worthy employers.

So I was like, an old man has guys looking for him. Having forgotten his email address , I was tasked to do everything. Write a cover letter, CV and set up the email account to send the CV. He had so many chaps who wanted him to provide his services. I, on the other hand was jobless, waiting for my employer (KEPSA) to find a place for me because I was proving too much of a rookie. Failing one after another interview. But partly, I can only shoulder part of the blame. In one interview, I went unprepared not knowing exactly what role I was to be interviewed for. I had not even bothered to rehearse on the imminent. I was too unprepared and did fluke. I can aptly say, I am a failure in interviews. I need to restrategize ASAP.

The fact that my old man received invites for jobs while he should be enjoying his retirement got me thinking. Has the youthful generation been ostracized in the job arena in some sectors which really need them in the name of the experience? Having not worked for any organization so far, I am doing seven years of experience as a job seeker, I am planning to try something that will work out. When things go south, you look for ways of redirecting them to the north.

So minutes before the time I was scheduled to attend the interview, I got a text that I should not attend the interview. I was indifferent. I was not feeling the vibe of attending an interview in a company that was kind of nondescript. Not even a blog about it . Hope the employer does not strike off my name from the list because of my dissidence. Till now, I have not communicated with them. And the way they structure messages detailing you to attend interviews, SMFH.

Maybe just maybe, I should resort to being a DJ. I love music. I can mix, Degree ni karatasi. I now understand why some buggers have placed the documents under their beds. If you don’t have connections, you have to prove your worth in being extremely good. Since I don’t have the connections, I have ended up working in places that come to think of it, I am better placed doing that which I know best. Sitting idly; getting frustrated and coping, listening to stories of people and reading and hoping an opportunity will come my way, lady luck smiles and I cease living this life of a recluse.

And reading is not easy, I tried reading while listening to jazz for six hours and I barely did two hours, doing a mere 15 pages. Rome indeed was not built in one day. Patience will pay because when I finish reading the book I started, I will be as happy as a king. And I will be like; One book down.

SITUUONANE

[Photo Source: My Own]
Share:

RECENT POST

Undressing youself, The echo effect

Once in a while, it's essential to break away, have a debut in the unmined, and see a poignant reflection on the losses brought about by...