Let me keep it simple

Friday 16 September 2016

LET ME SPEAK


I am courageous now.


I have become the guy who does not take the things that I am supposed to do serious. I love procrastinating a lot. Though I end up doing them altogether. It is a malady that recently manifested itself when I forgot that I needed to meet a certain colleague and I had forgot about it. When I later checked my phone, I had six missed calls which was alarming because I have never been so negligent in my life. It could be a mild amnesia that is as a result of being on drugs which a colleague realized were meant for a person who suffers from asthma.


When you get more than six missed calls and you are a salesperson, your heart beats faster especially when you think it was a customer who wanted to uptake a certain product that you were offering. It however turned out to be an internal customer, that is a colleague and since my phone was in silent mode, I just had to acknowledge it because ladies never take it easy when you ignore their calls. It does not resonate well with them. Hey, I know how it feels to be ignored. Anyway, that’s the life of a salesperson. Your calls sometimes get ignored to that point where you feel like the world is against you. But you get used to it so much so that you develop thick skin and sometimes go against the ground rules by changing tact which normally involves having to be big headed and when you realize you are chasing after the wind, you try someone else.



So there is this young hot doctor I went to see in Savanna Heath Centre, a clinic I had vowed never to go back to after being chased away by some ruthless nurse who never wanted to listen to us given that we had gone to see a client inside. Anyway, I decided to still go given that I never knew another clinic where I could get services from and the only reason why I was in need was because I was taking water to calm a cough that was consistently intensifying and it forced me to stop talking to a customer while talking over the phone. I have medical cover that serves to reduce on my dwindling fortunes.


I think some institutions should teach their employees the art of customer service. Which starts with the way a person talks. There is this nurse who thought that she was being polite by telling me, ‘Please wait!’ which she kept on insisting and since there were two people on the door, I could not be able to distinguish who she was referring to. Given that I had forgotten the protocol, I assumed that she was telling a lady who said she did not see a doctor in the room where she had gone to. When her eyes shifted towards me and the ‘please wait’ thing was almost turning into a sneer, I had to repose at the waiting bay. I remember a colleague who introduced me to the clinic trying to seduce this nurse but given that she had to act professional, she refused his offer of an out at a later date.


Ideally, what made me go back to the clinic was one femme fatale medic who had initially attended to me and I wanted to see her again. I have always wanted to go on a date with a doctor, because they are dexters, and they are the only persons can command a man to get naked and he will do it because he has no option. There is also this fascination that grew because there was one doctor student who challenged me about movies and I had to keep mum because certain arguments make no sense especially when it’s a lady you are trying to argue with.


Anyway, days later when the cough I had had no subsided, one of my colleagues asked why the doctor had prescribed a syrup which mostly works for tots. I told her the doctor knew best. Another was so curious since she thought that by a few days, I would be alright. She checked on the description of one the pills I was taking and realized that it was meant for people with asthma. Asthma! I have never had such incidences or is it an air borne disease? My colleague suffers from it and I took it lightly when he said that he was also given the same drugs when he went for check up in the clinic


Anyway.


Luckily, some seasoned employees who work for a certain doctor came to our office to notify us of the services they availed and I have to say that I have switched allegiance. I remember my colleague who took me to Savanna telling me that sometimes young guys were not effective in good diagnosis and prescription because our systems sometimes favour who you know when it comes to recruitment (though a fallacious argument). He gave me an incident where a certain lady was diagnosed with pneumonia in a certain emerging institution while in actual sense she had malaria because Nairobi has rare cases of the infection. It is only when the lady went to a seasoned physician is when she was able to better services.


Since my cough has kind of overstayed its welcome, I am planning to go to the seasoned doctor and see if he will help. It’s practical. On the positive front, my temperature, blood pressure and blood is safe. You know when you have a cough, one may associate it with the dreaded virus which some people have though they are immune to and given that at some point we shall all kick the bucket, they never mind getting it. Luckily for your truly, it’s just that I am allergic to something that activates the cough because this is not the first time I am experiencing it. Déjà vu.



Hasta La Vista Baby.


[Picture Source: Google Images]
Share:

RECENT POST

Indisposed

About this season, there inevitably comes a point when you find yourself feeling under the weather, often without any prior planning or anti...